Do you want to delete your Instagram account? This how-to guide will teach you how to delete an Instagram account on a phone or permanently. If you are thinking of how to delete your Instagram account, this article will show you how in just a few steps. You can either delete your Instagram account on an iPhone or Android device.
You may also want to know how to delete someone else’s Instagram account – no problem – we have got that covered too in this guide! The following are our top tricks for deleting both personal and business Instagram accounts.
- 1 How to Delete Instagram Account
- 2 How do I Permanently Delete My Instagram Account?
- 3 How to Request for Permanent Deletion of Instagram Account
- 4 Download Your Instagram Data
- 5 How do you Acess or Review Your Data on Instagram?
- 6 How do I Recover a Permanently Deleted Instagram Account?
How to Delete Instagram Account
What’s the best way to deactivate your account? With over a billion users, it is one of the most popular social networks in this world. It provides great tools for expanding an audience and enables you to remove yourself permanently from any pictures or videos posted on Instagram that may have offending content.
You may be thinking about how to delete your Instagram account, how to delete your Instagram account permanently, or how to delete your Instagram account on your phone. However, these are all questions that can be answered by following this guide.
This blog post will provide you with the steps required in order to delete your Instagram account, how to delete your Instagram account permanently and how to delete your Instagram account on your phone.
How do I Permanently Delete My Instagram Account?
If you only have access to a computer or mobile browser it is possible that disabling your account will be hidden from public view. You can still see the options in act selecting “disable” on this screen, which includes profile info like names and photos but not likes!
Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account From Computer
- Log in to instagram.com from a computer to temporarily disable your account in the Settings menu. You can not temporarily disable your Instagram account from the Instagram app.
- Click on the profile picture in your top right corner and click Profile. Then, go down to edit settings by clicking “Edit Profile.”
- Click the button in the bottom right-hand corner to temporarily disable your account, then log back in when you are ready.
- When you enable two-factor authentication, it’s important to keep in mind that if for whatever reason your password has been compromised or forgotten an account will have to be disabled. To re-enable them go back into the settings menu and choose “Disabled Account” as one of your reasons before entering login credentials again!
- If you need to temporarily disable your account, please click “Click Temporarily Disable Account.”
How do I delete my Instagram Account?
Deleting your accounts is permanent, so think before you act. If just want to take a break from Facebook for a while then disable the account instead of deleting it!
When you delete your account, it’s not really gone. You can always get back into the game with another username or add that person on another account as long as they haven’t been taken by someone else who also wanted to use them!
If you are found to have violated any of Instagram Community Guidelines, your account may be removed. this happens and the same username is not available again on another platform, then that person would lose access to it together!
If there’s anything in here that doesn’t make sense or needs clarification feel free to ask away with a suggestion through the comments below because I want each post published correctly for everyone who reads them!
How to Request for Permanent Deletion of Instagram Account
If you no longer need or want your account, request the permanent deletion of it.
Instagram has a tool where you can download your account information after deleting it. You won’t be able to use this feature, but make sure that any important photos or posts are copied before they’re deleted!
- Log into your account and then go to the Delete Account page. To delete an Instagram account from within either a mobile browser or computer, you must first be logged in as well on both platforms – if not already done so before proceeding with the deletion process!
- When deleting an account, you have the option of permanently removing all content from it. To get access to this feature and re-enter your password again just select “Why are you deleting my account?”
- If that doesn’t work then try making sure they’re not being blocked by another program or settings on their computer in order to clear out any potential bugs before proceeding with deletion.
- Click or tap Delete [username].
How you can delete Different Instagram Account
- Click or tap the username in the top-right of the Delete Your Account page.
- Click or tap next to Edit profile and select Log out.
- Log back in as the account you want to delete and follow the directions above.
The deletion process can take up to 90 days after it begins. Copies of your content may remain in backup storage for a period, and we also keep legal issues or terms violations with regards to data retention laws (i.e., if you delete something improperly). Learn more about this on the Instagram Data Policy page!
Download Your Instagram Data
After you delete your account, you can also receive an archive file of the content on it. This is a digital copy of all the Instagram media and other data associated with your account that we keep as required by law. Your Instagram profile will be completely empty after deletion and this download cannot be undone.
It’s also wise to download your Instagram content before deleting it in the event that you change your mind or recover your account in order to have access to past posts! To do so, simply follow the instructions under “Download Your Account” on the same page where you’ll be able to request your data in an archive file for download or access it directly through the Instagram app or website.
After deleting any Instagram account, you’ll need to contact the Facebook team in order to recover it – whether that’s through another social media page or email. It may take up to 14 days before they process this type of request. Otherwise, you’ll need to create a new account for accessing the site.
How do you Acess or Review Your Data on Instagram?
The only thing better than being in control of your data on Instagram? Viewing all the information and statistics about you. You can view a copy of it at any time, too!
Reviewing Data on Instagram app Android or iPhone
- Tap or your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Now Tap in the top right, then tap Settings.
- Tap Security, then tap Access data.
- To review a specific type of data, tap View all.
Reviewing Data on Instagram.com/ From computer
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner, then click Settings.
- Click Privacy and security.
- Scroll down to Account data and click View account data.
- To review a specific type of data, click View all.
Instagram.com from a mobile browser:
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap Settings in the top left.
- Now Tap Privacy and security.
- Scroll down to Account data and tap View account data.
- To review a specific type of data, tap View all.
How do I Recover a Permanently Deleted Instagram Account?
When you delete your Instagram account, there’s no going back! If you want to access it again in the future, you’ll need to create a new one. To do so:
- Download and install the Instagram app on Android or iPhone.
- Sign up and register with a new username and email address. Note that this is not the same email address linked to your old account.
- Use a different password that is secure and not used elsewhere.
- Only download or share content with people you know and trust!
If you’re worried about deleting an Instagram account, there’s no need to be! Posting photos and videos online for others to enjoy is fun, but it can also be risky. That’s why it’s important to have control over your own privacy and information!
You have the right to take back any posts you’ve shared, but if you’re worried about what’ll happen to them once they’re gone, consider archiving them for your own records before deleting an account. You can do so by downloading or keeping a copy of it using one of the methods above.
Keep in mind that deleting your Instagram account doesn’t remove you from search results! If you’ve shared content publicly, it may still be visible to others even after you delete your account. To protect yourself until then, change your username before deleting an Instagram account or set posts to private.
When you delete an Instagram account, your photos and videos will be removed from the site. They won’t be deleted for good! If you want to recover past posts, download them using one of our methods above.
If you’re having issues with Instagram, don’t worry. There are plenty of other places you can share photos and videos online, including Facebook and Twitter.
Frequently Asked Questions
A deleted account cannot be recovered. Deleting an Instagram account will remove it immediately, but it may take up to 14 days for all associated data to be deleted.
To permanently delete your Instagram account, Read above mention instructions on How to Delete your Instagram Account.
Upload the content you want to permanently delete on Instagram. Click or tap your profile picture in the bottom right of your screen and select “Edit Profile”. Tap the button next to any photo or video that you want to remove, then tap “Delete” on the following screen.
Your story expires after 24 hours, but you can delete it ahead of time by swiping left or tapping the bell icon at the bottom of your screen. You can easily recover deleted stories using one of our methods above! To prevent others from accessing your information, change your username before deleting an Instagram account or set posts to private.
Yes, you can remove your photos and videos from the site after posting them, but you’re unable to delete stories that have already expired. To delete a story ahead of time, swipe left or tap the bell icon at the bottom of the screen before it expires.
If you delete your account within 2 weeks of posting, your photos and videos will have already been deleted by the time you request to have them removed. If you wait more than two weeks after uploading something, it may be possible for someone else to download or share it before you delete your account.
That’s all in today’s article, if you have any queries or any questions then feel free to comment down below.